Environmental Management Policy Statement
Effective environmental management at Brian Parisi Copier Systems, Inc. (BPCS) is of the utmost importance. We are committed to protecting the environment through complete compliance with environmental laws, regulations, and outstanding efficiency in the conduct of our operations. As part of our ongoing efforts, we will:
Comply with and strive to surpass Federal, State, and local environmental laws and regulations.
Implement and maintain the Environmental Management System as the primary management practice for BPCS operations and activities.
Seek to minimize the environmental impact of our operations through regular evaluation and execution of recycling procedures.
Implement sustainable environmental practices, including the acquisition of bio-based, environmentally friendly, energy-efficient, water-efficient, and recycled-content products.
Conduct audits to measure environmental performance and establish accountability to correct deficiencies.
Continuously improve environmental performance through appropriate policies, procedures, training, and recognition of excellence.
Prepare for emergencies to minimize environmental impacts.
Emphasize pollution prevention, environmentally preferred products, and sustainable business practices with our managers, employees, and suppliers.
Incorporate and enforce appropriate performance clause(s) in contracts that specify environmental protection and compliance.
Serve as a role model and provide leadership for other organizations.
These tasks reflect BPCS's commitment to excellence in environmental management. All managers and employees should strive to carry them out.
Environmental Management System
Reducing energy usage
- Increasing use of renewable materials
- Disposing of non-recyclable E-waste
- Updating technology to more energy efficient equipment
- Reduce energy use
- Recycle cardboard waste
- Recycle plastic
- Promote environmental activities
- Achieve 10 percent reduction of energy
- Identify the significant environmental aspects and impacts from current and relevant past activities and services and, where we have direct control or can be expected to have an influence and implement an appropriate environmental management system.
- Minimize and where reasonably practicable eliminate any adverse impact on the Environment arising from the activities of our business.
- Minimize the use of energy, resources consumed and waste produced while undertaking our business activities in a safe and professional manner.
- Support the reduction, reuse and recycling of materials and ensure the legal disposal of all waste arising from the activities of the business.
- Comply with legal requirements and where appropriate go beyond compliance with the minimum environmental requirements of legislative bodies and our customers.
- Make appropriate resources available to manage the environment and ensure human resources roles, responsibilities and authorities are defined.
- Ensure that all staff whose work may create a significant impact upon the environment are provided with adequate and appropriate information and training and are competent in environmental matters.
- Inform and train our staff in understanding and fulfilling their environmental responsibilities.
- Establish and measure environmental performance against objectives and/or targets.
- Regularly review our environmental management system at senior management level with a view to continually improving our environmental performance.
Completed objectives during 2016-2017
- Recycling efficiency at 100% for the following:
- Hardware - SunnKing Recycling
- E-Waste - SunnKing Recycling
- Cardboard - Republic Services
- Styrofoam - Thermal Foams
- Metal - Twin Village Recycling
- Plastic - SunnKing Recycling
- Toner Cartridges - Ricoh Toner Take-Back Program
- Improve Energy Efficiency
- Replace office lighting with LED light Bulbs
- Use products in energy save mode and use products with Energy Star ratings
- Use factory default energy saver settings on all equipment
- Employee Training on Environmental Protection Procedures Implemented
Completed Objectives before 2016
- Registered E-Waste drop-off site for Sunnking Recycling pickups
- Provide E-waste pickup service for customers and residence in the community, accepting Tv's, PC's, and other misc. E-waste items
- Recycling 95% of cardboard through Allied Waste cardboard recycling pickup
- Removal of obsolete hardware, units, and parts through Sunnking E-Waste recycling pickup program
- No electronic devices improperly disposed of according to NYS law
- Reuse Ricoh Shipping materials and boxes for BPCS shipments
- Use factory energy save mode on all available models and computers
- Use Ricoh's toner take-back program
- Disperse toner recycling boxes
- Collect used toner bottles and empty cartridges from customers
- Send back empties to Ricoh Recycling Center
We serve clients in The Greater Buffalo area, Rochester, Wyoming/Niagara/Erie Counties & all throughout Western New York.